How do I Import Lectra files into StyleCAD?
Posted July 30, 2015, 2:20:00 PM ∙ By Admin ∙ 1060 Views
Import Lectra Files
StyleCAD allows the user to import both VET and IBA files into StyleCAD. Although you can't import MDL files directly, the following is the method used to export MDL files from Lectra, and then import the files into StyleCAD. Please note that StyleCAD needs both the IBA and VET files in order to successfully import Lectra files. This is because the VET files alone don't contain the shape info.
In Lectra, The Export Garment control in the File menu makes it possible to generate from current model and its variants, the .VET and .IBA files that are compatible with other Lectra Systemes applications (LS MOdel III, marker making, databases, etc.).
The variants correspond to the garments identified as .VET and the pieces contained in the variants correspond to the BIs identified as .IBA. The exportation is carried out in the library defined by the Save Library .VET/.IBA control in the File menu.
To choose the garment exportation save library:
1. Activate the Lib. Save. .VET/.IBA control in the File menu. The Lectra file selector is displayed.
2. Select the access path of the library and validate.
To export a garment:
1. If necessary activate the Lib. Save. .VET/.IBA control in the File menu.
2. Activate the Export Garment control in the File menu.
3. Select the export options. The files are then generated as .VET et .IBA in the current library.
It is also possible to launch an input order for the plot by selecting the control Export - Plot in the Parameters menu.
In Lectra, the Model Validation control makes it possible to save at the same time the current model into model files (.mdl or .MDL) into garment files (.VET) and into BI files (.IBA) keeping a coherence between the files. This control is intended for the exchanges with the database which is warned of this validation.
The exportation is made in the library defined by the controls Model Validation Library and Garment Validation Library in the File menu.
To choose the model and garment validation library:
1. Activate the Model Validation Library control in the File menu. The Lectra file selector is displayed.
2. Select the access path of the library, then validate.
3. Activate the Garment Validation Library control in the File menu. The Lectra file selector is displayed.
4. Select the access path of the library, then validate.
To import the Lectra file into StyleCAD:
1. First, start a new style file. If the user attempts to import external files (such as VET, IBA, DXF, etc.) without first creating a new style file, advanced style file functions (such as saving, and the graphics toolbar) will be unavailable.
2. Go to File -> Import External File -> Import Lectra VET File (or IBA file).
3. When importing pattern pieces from a third party file (Lectra, Gerber, etc.), it is sometimes necessary to change each pattern piece's marker group. StyleCAD allows the user to change the marker groups for each piece at the time of import.
Please refer to the Marker Group Mapping KB section for information about completing this step.
Please Note: When a VET file is imported, all the pieces defined in the VET file are imported as well. Pattern attributes such as single/pair, quantity and marker group are also imported. The Lectra file's size list is also imported, and then assigned to the StyleCAD style file.