How do I setup a separate cutting machine version of Output Manager?
Posted July 30, 2015, 6:55:00 AM ∙ By Admin ∙ 840 Views
Although this is an advanced technique and requires extensive
knowledge of Windows, it can be accomplished quite easily by a knowledgable
Cutting Machine version of Output Manager
In case a separate cutting machine output manager needs to be set up on the same machine where the plotter output manager exists, simply follow these steps.
Although this is an advanced technique and requires extensive knowledge of Windows, it can be accomplished quite easily by a knowledgable technician.
1. Copy the current OutputMgr50.exe file and rename it as CutMgr50.exe.
2. Double-click on the CutMgr50.exe file to start.
3. Click on Settings -> Select Device. Select the Cutter.
4. Click on the Cutter Configuration icon under Setting Control.
5. Select the cutter from the cutter model list. Click on Save to File so that the file output director field is editable.
Enter a folder name such as C:\Cut Files and click OK. The user should create the folder [Cut Files] using Windows Explorer.
6.CutMgr50.exe must have its own spool folder. C:\SCAD\Spool is assigned to the current Output Manager.
Create another folder such as C:\SCAD\Spool-Cut using Windows Explorer.
7. Click on Settings -> Program Configuration. Enter the newly created spool folder in the Plot Spool Folder field as shown in the picture.
Also enter a different Job Submit Port number such as 3799 to avoid a conflict with the current Output Manager.
Enter a new Program Title as necessary for clarification.
8. Right-click on the CutMgr50.exe file, and click on Create Shortcut. Place this shortcut on the desktop as necessary.
Right-click on this shortcut and click on Change Icon under the Shortcut tab. Select the cutter icon for clarification.
9. In Marking, select Setting -> Program Configuration.
Make sure the Cutting Server's port number is the same as was set in the Cutter Manager above.
Click OK to exit all windows, and restart both the Cutter Manager and the Marking programs before continuing.
StyleCAD was founded in 1996 and is based in the United States.
We are a leading designer of CAD systems, serving the apparel, furniture, industrial and automotive design industries.